Music makes me endure the ups ad downs. Here's a tour of my jukebox:

Miss Li is Dancing The Whole Way Home. Happy sing-along tunes. My favourite is her Dirty Old Man. That's not on MySpace, sorry.
I got the album for my birthday. Thanks for discovering and sharing this gal, Guido! (She's a Swede. Obviously.)
By chance (or fortune), I found back an album by Maija Vilkkumaa. This tough lady makes you dance away your anger. If dancing doesn't help, scream along the Finnish lyrics! It'll make you gain strength. My favourites: Kristiina and Ei (~no, not, it isn't).
Another rediscovery: A cd with Belarusian rock, called Belarusian Red Book. I have no idea, what all these guys are singing about. However, they can handle their instruments. The collection evolved from a project of Robert Bosch Stiftung, and I purchased it for €5 from a friend of a friend. In case you're interested: Drop me a line.
Another birthday present: Florence + the Machine. Not a secret anymore.

The title Hurricane Drunk reminds me of a hilarious mistake (in English) I made in Ottawa one day.
Florence Welch's lyrics: "I'm in the grip of a hurricane / I'm going to blow myself away"
I can't recall exactly what I said. Really. (Never commit mistakes to your memory. They stick better than glue.) -- However, I was told, my expression wasn't even ambiguous. I MEANT that I took time off school. Folks around me saw me masturbating. Well, you choose.
If, by any chance, any of you Ottawa guys are reading this. And if any of you native speakers can recall what the heck I said: I wanna know! Regardless of the glue in my memory.
Enjoy the music! Enjoy the sunny spring.
Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen