I totally understand what all these students are protesting against and what they are longing for. Actually, I feel extremely priviledged, I was born these few years earlier and, thus, was able to peacefully study in the good old system.
What irritates me are the strikes. Occupying university buildings, sitting around to hinder other students and instructors from studying and working. Bachelor students express their frustration by not studying. That's perverse.
Why don't I see anyone debating? They have a voice in the university system. Why don't they make use of their students council?
As far as I can see, occupations don't change a little tiny bit in degree programs. What strikes do evoke is media attention. So, now it's not just students, educators, politicians who know about the desaster of our education system. Broadcasting, internet, and print media discuss university problems, as well. Media certainly plays a huge role in democracy. However, is more attention worth not studying? Are Germans and Europeans any more interested in education policies because of students not studying? I doubt it.

studying students
Last night, I had a peek in a leftish university panel. The club Balthasar is new to me, and I'm happy to see some political interest in Bamberg's subculture. The theme of the talk was "The crux of women's politics". I was astonished: more than half of the audience was male.
Rebecca presented parts of her thesis, defining waves in feminism and expounding the problems of birth-control. I had never heard about a fourth wave. Sociologists say, that's us. I don't feel like swimming. Especially, I'm not taking any waves without guys participating. Emancipation, awareness of gender roles, career, children, self-fulfillment. Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes. I want it all. I don't wanna do it all by myself, though. And I suppose, men do want some of that, too. No?
For those of you who read German: Some students do have reasons for striking. Ottfried, Bamberg's student newspaper, collected them.
AntwortenLöschenwww.ottfried.de